Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer Rolls

Summer rolls are a really refreshing appetizer. It's just salad in a roll, but something about that makes it so yummy.



Ingredients
  • Lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Carrots
  • Thai Basil leaves
  • Shrimp (I used Chicken)
  • Rice Flour wrappers
  • Vermicelli or "Rice Stick" (noodle)
Gather, clean, and slice you veggies. I lost my rice stick! I had it out in preparation to make this over the weekend and when I went to grab it, I couldn't find it. I searched high and low. I wonder if the noodle monster stole it and slurped it all up. I bet it was Mrs. Butterscotch!


I know, I'm a total slacker. I didn't have shrimp or the fatty pork normally used, so I used chickren breast and marinated in this stuff! It's so yummy, especially on pork.


Brown the chicken in a woke and lay something heavy on top to flatten it.


Dip the wrappers in warm water for 30 seconds, remove and get ready to roll quickly. Assemble all your ingredients.


Pull the bottom over, fold over the 2 sides, and then roll tightly.


I noticed that as the water got cooler, the wrappers began to rip a lot, so keep some hot water nearby and replenish the rimmed plate you are using to dip the wrappers into.


I made some dipping sauce using hoisen sauce, fish sauce and chilli sauce. It was so delicious!

1 comment:

Creature Gorgeous said...

Great job! I'm Vietnamese, so I'm partial to these!