Monday, August 4, 2008

Quiche Anita

In an attempt to use up all my basil, I've been looking for recipes to incorporate a lot of basil. I googled a quick quiche recipe and just added tons of basil leaves to it. It's just baked eggs, right? How hard could it be?



Ingredients:
  • Basil leaves
  • 5-6 eggs
  • half n half or cream (I used low fat milk)
  • 1-2 cups of shredded cheese of choice
  • garlic
  • pie crust
  • salt, pepper, nutmeg

I used Pepperidge Farm puff pastry instead of pie crust because I really just don't like pie crust. I also think the puff pastry is lighter and cooks up more quickly. Unfold the crust and lay it into the dish.


Blend the ingredients together using a blender for 2 minutes.


Pour the mixture into the dish.


Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool on the rack. I didn't have a tart pan which is why I used this dish. I like the way it turned out because it looks like a "country" chicken pot pie.


This can be served as a main course with some tomato salad or as a side dish.

Enjoy!

No comments: