- Fresh corn on the cob (1) , onion (1), basil, tomatoes (5)
- Leftover chicken breast - diced (can be left out for vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup Minute Rice (oh, the sacrilege!)
- Salt, pepper, chili pepper flakes, olive oil & cumin
- 8 cups of water
- In 1 pot, boil some water and cook the corn on the cob.
- Chop up the tomatoes or blend a can of whole tomatoes. Dice the onion.
- In a second pot, saute the onions, tomatoes, and chili pepper flakes.
- When they are cooked and lookin' yummy, add the dry minute rice. I like Minute Rice for soups because it cooks up quickly and doesn't take over the soup.
- Add the salt, pepper and cumin.
6. Remove the corn from the water and allow to cool. Gently add the corn water into the 2nd pot.
7. Using a knife, cut the corn off the cob. Add the corn to the soup. Simmer 15 minutes.
Enjoy with some tortilla chips or top with some cheddar cheese.