Sunday, May 3, 2009

April Showers Bring ...April Flowers?


Candy tuft (perennial, low ground cover)
It's no wonder that this plant sold like hot cakes. Last year I was only able to get my hands on one of these and a woman came along and grabbed ALL of them out of the nursery! It came in one little quart and has multiplied about 4-6 times it's original size this spring.


Lilacs: Just about my favorite and most fragrant flower out there. It's a shame that they don't last very long.


The lilac bush is huge now. You're not supposed to prune lilacs, but I may need to even out the branches because there is so much weight on one side. Plus, I think it will grow in thicker if I trim them back. I may not have any blooms next year though.


Crabapple blossom


Weeping Cherry Blossom Tree: This was our newest addition last year. It's gotten much more hearty this year. The blooms don't last long either, but it's beautiful when it does bloom.

No comments: