Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Sure, I've had many lovely pictures to share, but what you don't see is the 'behind the scenes'. The biggest part of gardening is maintenance. The heat really brings on the weeds and if you let it go too long, your plants are overrun with weeds, soaking up all their water, crowding them, and it's one big nasty mess. The longer you let them go, the more difficult it is to remove them.

Be prepared: Water the soil first to loosen the roots, get some good gloves on, stay hydrated, and be ready to put your back into it. I let them dry out a bit before bagging them up because they are too heavy right now.



I relocated the Cosmos to other areas around the house and cut down a lot of the Morning Glory. I still think that the plants don't have the proper spacing they need, so it looks like I may have to expand the garden a little in the Fall to prepare for next year.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


In addition, I still need to create a map of all my plants, so I don't forget where they are and begin mulching in the Fall. I could do it now, but it's just too darn hot!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: