Saturday, August 28, 2010

DIY Bruschetta

Bruschetta is a crowd pleaser, but I admit that it's been of a pain to prep whether you are hosting or if you're bringing it to a party. How do you keep the bread from getting soggy? Or what if someone doesn't want cheese? Here's how I decided to do it and it saves time.


In a tray, I put sliced fresh mozzerella, toasted italian bread, pesto and tomatoes.


I got the idea from Better Home and Garden to bake the tomatoes in a pan with olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs. Roasting/baking them tends to make them sweeter too.


You can dip your bread right into this, but I wanted to chop it up a bit. I spooned it all into a food processor and gave it a quick pulse.


I sliced up some italian bread, drizzled it with olive oil and seasoned it with salt and pepper.
Serve warm!

No comments: