Thursday, July 8, 2010

7.8.10 Tomatoes

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing how BIG my tomatoes are, but um yeah. They are BIG!


Me taking a photo of myself and my precious tomato plants. One of them is nearly 6' tall. I had to tie it up higher.


Lots of tomatoes! In the very front of the photo are my Roma (plum) tomatoes just on one plant. I'm going to have a lot of tomato salad and sauce to make this summer.

The grape tomatoes are larger than the average grape. I like them a lot because they are great for snacking or cooking with.


Close up of my Persimmon tomatoes. The photo doesn't do justice as to just how plump they are. I can't wait to sink my teeth into one of these. They are so sweet and meaty.

Here's a recipe from Cooking Light using Persimmon tomatoes with halibut. Sounds like the perfect summer dish although I would love to gobble it up just with a sprinkling of salt.



And here's another for a salad with prawns, avocado and persimmon tomatoes. I love avocado too. This sounds like a great combination.

No comments: