Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall Shape Up



Since it's September, this is the time to begin dividing your perennials and transplanting them. Don't forget to water them regularly after you've moved them. It's also a great time to cut your garden beds now too.

What's new?
  • I transplanted 2 trees that my neighbor was getting rid of. I placed on against the fence and another in front of our condensing unit to conceal it from the front of the house. I was afraid they wouldn't survive, but I've been watering them and they seem to be doing ok.
  • I divided & transplanted a ton of mature Hosta given to me by my neighbor. I made a border of them along the back of the yard. They are solid green.
  • Also from a neighbor, I transplanted a small leaf Azalea to the very back garden bed. It has really pretty tiny leaves with a little bit of reddish on the tips. The branches also have that japanese maple look where it looks tiered.
  • Then I transplanted some red leaf little tree or shrub that has white flowers in the spring. I don't know the name of this yet.
  • I divided and transplanted a ton of Irises in Purple, White and Burgundy. I must have moved 40 bulbs.
  • I cleaned up the weeds, brush and worn veggie plants.
  • I cut a new garden bed along the back and side of the shed. It still needs some more work, but it's getting there.
  • I planted a little Crepe Myrtle.

1 comment:

Alyssa Mommy said...

Looks like you did a lot of work!