Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds



This year, I wanted to grow more Chinese veggies. Not only does my husband love them, they are low in carbs, refreshing and remind me of home (NYC). Baker Creek has a variety of seeds including many Chinese vegetables. I know I said I was done with buying seeds, but it's addicting! There are so many things I want to try.
  • Canton Giant Wax melon - I think this is what is known as "winter melon". I actually had to wiki it to make sure. Wintermelon soup is my favorite.
  • Mustard green - I make soup that my Burmese friend taught me, but if I get enough I'll try pickling some. I love pickled mustard greens with salted pork over rice, of course!
  • Spinach
  • Bokchoy
  • Cabbage
  • Armenian "cucumber"

I'll have lots of veggies this summer. I plan on freezing as much as I can for next winter. I hope we can eat it all.

No comments: